The Company

GEST S.p.A. (Gestione ed Esercizio del Sistema Tranviario) was founded in 2004 to manage and operate tram transport in the Florentine area. The company is 100% owned by the French company RATP Dev, of the RATP Group, one of the largest public transport groups in the world.

Specifically, GEST was set up by RATP Dev, currently owner of 51% of the share capital of GEST and usufructuary of the remaining 49%, and by ATAF S.p.A. which has the bare ownership of 49% of GEST share capital.

GEST has its headquarters in Scandicci in the province of Florence and is grounded on the principles of quality, sustainability, and transparency.

Since February 2010, the company has operated the T1 line from Scandicci to Florence with 14 million passengers per year. Since 2018 it has operated the extension of this line, now called the T1 “Leonardo” line, and the new T2 “Vespucci” line.
The tramline has revolutionized urban mobility in the Tuscan capital, which was formerly served only by road vehicles. According to recent surveys, over 80% of Florentines declare themselves satisfied with the tram service.
Transparent society
Useful documents and information about our services:

SERVICE CARD 2022

TRANSPORT CONDITIONS

Quality policy

Accident reconstruction devices installed on the tram

Tenders and Contracts

2013

2014

2015

2016

2017

2018

2019

2020

Ethics Code

To report violations of these rules or the ethics code or anything contrary to the provisions pursuant to D.Lgs. 231/2001, request attachments, or receive clarifications or information, contact us via email at odv@gestramvia.it or via post addressed to: Organismo di Vigilanza GEST S.p.A. c/o GEST S.p.A., Via dell’Unità d’Italia, 10 – 50018 Scandicci (Florence) – Italy.